So let's get into it, how many of our followers and fellow paranormies out there have actually been on an investigation? Probably a few of you and I'm sure the rest of you would jump at the chance given the opportunity.
But how many of you would know where to begin? And for those that have been, were you satisfied with your experience once it was over? If not, no worries. Here are a few tips to get you started or to keep in mind for next time.
1. Make sure whatever facility you intended to investigate is structurally safe to the best of your knowledge and that you are LEGALLY allowed to be there. Don't risk your life or risk jail time over a ghost story. I get that there are a ton of cool places that are no longer open or condemned, but please stop and think before jumping in to things.
2. Bring a list of questions to ask if you plan on shooting video or trying to capture EVPs. You would be surprised what little your brain can come up with in the moment. I know it sounds silly, but trust me, you'll thank me later.
3. Even if you have ZERO equipment other than a flashlight, bring a pen and paper with you. If anything happens write it down. If you hear noises, see anything, or notice your feelings in a particular place change document all details and even the time it occurred. You never know what could end up being relevant information or what you may forget in the moment. Plus, should you ever return to the same place to investigate again in the future you will have a complete log of info to get you started next time.
1. No one likes a jerk. Even if the place you are investigating is known for having spirits that aren't so friendly that is not a reason to act aggressively or be antagonizing. If you do it could result in someone getting hurt or you getting no evidence at all. BE RESPECTFUL.
2. NEVER take anything from a place you investigate, not even a pebble from the ground out front. When it's time to go leave things just as you found them. This goes back to being respectful to the beings that inhabit there. Plus spirits have also been known to attach themselves to objects and you could be bringing home more than you intended.
3. Do not panic, do not run. You would be surprised how easily logic can leave you when you have been waiting all night for something to happen and when it finally does it can startle you. Just do your best to stay calm and keep your composure.
And there you have it, just a few simple tips to keep in mind when you're out investigating the unknown. How many of these tips did YOU already know? If you have more questions about getting started with paranormal investigating please don't hesitate to shoot us an email or contact us through any of our social media.
HAPPY HUNTING! ;-)